Micaela McLucas is known for her colorful work that straddles the fine art and commercial worlds and challenging traditional attitudes of the female gaze through it’s intimacy.
Raised between Los Angeles and Buenos Aires, Argentina, and consequently living in New York, Paris and now London, Micaela formed a hyper-awareness of outsiderdom, the need to define her own roots and a feeling of always being lost in translation. Her work has transformed this into aesthetic experimentation as a form of personal reflection.
Micaela has exhibited internationally, and her client list includes Rolls Royce, Marriott, Pepsi, Refinery29, Adidas, and L’Oréal. her Her work has appeared in magazines including Condé Nast Traveller, I-D, Exit, Autre, & Office, among others.
Commissions, image licensing, commercial portfolio, or any other enquiries : email@example.com
- 2013- Licence, Arts Plastiques, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris
- 2010 - Foundation in Painting, Art Students League, NYC
- 2008 - Painting/Photography Santa Monica College, CA
- 2006 - BFA Fine Art Cal State University, San Francisco
- 2019 October, "Love & Loyalty" St. Pancras Hotel, London
- 2017 May, EXIT Sid Motion Gallery London
- 2015 June, solo show "Cirrus" Castor Gallery New York City
- 2015 January, "18 percent" Castor Gallery New York City
- 2015 November, "Lost Love" SuperMassiveBlackHole Dublin
- 2014 August “Inside/Out” Castor Gallery New York City
- 2014 May “Process” New York City
- 2014 May La galerie Soufflot, Paris
- 2008 October “International LA Photographic Art Exposition” Santa Monica
- Pepsi, Marriott, Adidas, Rolls Royce, Liu Jo, Condé Nast Traveller, Vice, L'Oreal, Samsonite, Ninjatune Records, Refinery29, Dunhill, Port Magazine, Sony Music
- "The Life Aquatic" Condé Nast Traveller October 2019 pages 62-64
- "Cosmic Vibrations" Office Magazine September 2019
- Spotz 007 Nick Sethi 2019 New York City
- Spotz 004 Ryan McGinley 2019 New York City
- Spotz 001 Chad Moore 2019 New York City
- "Munroe Bergdorf" Hunger Magazine issue 14 2018 London
- "On Campus: Micaela McLucas" Exit Magazine Issue 34 October 2017 London, UK
- "On the march with Anish Kapoor and Ai Weiwei" i-D magazine, 2015 London, UK
- Fisheye Magazine,Issue #11 2015 Paris France:
- "THE PAST PRESENT: To Pierre Bergé" Haute Living, May 2014 Paris France https://hauteliving.com/2014/05/past-present-pierre-berge-film-life-lifelong-partner-yves-saint-laurent-gift-treasured/489434/
- No Thoughts Book 11 Time & Space 2014 New York City
- 2019 Art Gorgeous, Hong Kong
- 2019 LensCult https://lenscult.net/micaelamclucas/
- 2018 Mortimer House, London, UK https://www.mortimerhouse.com/notebook/article/micaela-mclucas-photographic-wanderlust-and-keepin/
- 2018 Young Creative Council, Badass Gal, London, UK https://www.badass.gal/blog/micaelamclucas
- 2017 Exit Magazine x Adidas
- 2017 HUNGER Magazine "Curated by girls"
- 2017 Curated by Girls, Berlin, Germany
- 2015 The Daily Mail, London UK
- 2015 Beautiful Savage, New York
- 2015 Autre Magazine, Los Angeles, California
- 2015 The Editorial Magazine, Montreal, Canada
- 2014 VNDL Magazine, New York
- 2014 “Wild Nights: Micaela McLucas” The Wild Magazine, New York http://thewildmagazine.com/blog/wild-nights-micael...
- 2014 No Culture Icons Leeds, United Kingdom
- 2014 “Inside/Out Tomorrow” Art-Nerd, New York
- 2014 Preview, “Inside/Out” Arrested in Motion, New York http://arrestedmotion.com/2014/08/previews-insideo...
- 2014 “Process Opens Tonight” Art-Nerd, New York
- 2014 Stay Young Zine
- 2014 Splash & Grab Magazine Melbourne, Australia http://splashandgrab.co.uk/post/86004510155/micael...
- 2014 “Previews, Inside/Out” Compound Project, New York
- 2014 “Process” Art Update, New York
- 2011 Whudat, Germany
- 2011 DSGNR, Chile
- 2010 “Photographic duo reaches for digital absurdity” Baruch City University of New York