Los Angeles native Micaela McLucas is a director and photographer known for her colorful works that straddles the fine art and commercial worlds. Her experimental techniques challenge the politics of the image, and tests the boundaries of photography. She questions how art can provoke the audience to reconnect to the experience of the sensual.
She studied her undergraduate in fine art and philosophy at the Université de Paris 1, Panthéon-Sorbonne and recently completed her MFA in Contemporary Photography; Practices and Philosophies at Central Saint Martins in London. She is currently in development of her first feature film in Los Angeles and expanding her storytelling into the narrative landscape.
Micaela is truly a global citizen, she holds American, Italian, and UK citizenship and speaks Spanish, French, English and Italian with interchangeable native fluency. When not on a shoot, she will usually be found somewhere off the beaten track whether it's surfing in Indonesia or backpacking across Central America; always one foot in another country and several cameras wrapped around her neck.
Micaela is based between Los Angeles and London and works worldwide.
Micaela has exhibited internationally, and her client list includes Ford Motor Company / Lincoln, Rolls Royce, Tanqueray Gin, George @Asda, Flannels, Warner Music, The BBC, Marriott, Pepsi, Puma, Office Shoes, Stella McCartney, Adidas, Spotify, Kirke, Liu Jo, Refinery29, and L’Oréal. Her work has appeared in publications including British Vogue, Elle Germany, Vanity Fair, Condé Nast Traveller, I-D, Exit, GQ, Hunger, The Fall, Autre, & Office, among others.
Commercial Representation : Ridley Scott Creative Group (RSA Films) Portfolio
for all commissions please email
FOR ALL TRUNK ARCHIVE LICENSING REQUESTS EMAIL
For prints and other enquiries : personal email
Instagram : @MICAELAMCLUCAS
- 2020- MA, Contemporary Photography Practices and Philosophies, Central Saint Martins, London
- 2013- Licence, Arts Plastiques, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris
- 2010 - Foundation in Painting, Art Students League, NYC
- 2008 - Painting/Photography Santa Monica College, CA
- 2006 - BFA Fine Art Cal State University, San Francisco
- 2022 June, MFA Graduate Show, Central Saint Martins, London
- 2022 March, Open Studio, Central Saint Martins, London
- 2021 June, Open Studio, Central Saint Martins, London
- 2021 April, Transference.TV group show Central Saint Martins, London
- 2020 July, ‘freewall.space’ www.freewall.space
- 2020 May, Conversations; Wessel Barda & Micaela McLucas
- 2019 October, "Love & Loyalty" St. Pancras Hotel, London
- 2017 May, EXIT Sid Motion Gallery London
- 2015 June, solo show "Cirrus" Castor Gallery New York City
- 2015 January, "18 percent" Castor Gallery New York City
- 2015 November, "Lost Love" SuperMassiveBlackHole Dublin
- 2014 August “Inside/Out” Castor Gallery New York City
- 2014 May “Process” New York City
- 2014 May La galerie Soufflot, Paris
- 2008 October “International LA Photographic Art Exposition” Santa Monica
- Pepsi, Spotify, Lincoln, Rolls Royce, Stella McCartney, Arsenal F.C.., Asda, Tanqueray Gin, Flannels, Warner Music, The BBC, Marriott, Puma, Office Shoes, Kirke, Liu Jo, Refinery29, Adidas, and L’Oréal
- "The Life Aquatic" Condé Nast Traveller October 2019 pages 62-64
- "Cosmic Vibrations" Office Magazine September 2019
- Spotz 007 Nick Sethi 2019 New York City
- Spotz 004 Ryan McGinley 2019 New York City
- Spotz 001 Chad Moore 2019 New York City
- "Munroe Bergdorf" Hunger Magazine issue 14 2018 London
- "On Campus: Micaela McLucas" Exit Magazine Issue 34 October 2017 London, UK
- "On the march with Anish Kapoor and Ai Weiwei" i-D magazine, 2015 London, UK
- Fisheye Magazine,Issue #11 2015 Paris France:
- "THE PAST PRESENT: To Pierre Bergé" Haute Living, May 2014 Paris France https://hauteliving.com/2014/05/past-present-pierre-berge-film-life-lifelong-partner-yves-saint-laurent-gift-treasured/489434/
- No Thoughts Book 11 Time & Space 2014 New York City
- 2019 Art Gorgeous, Hong Kong
- 2019 LensCult https://lenscult.net/micaelamclucas/
- 2018 Mortimer House, London, UK https://www.mortimerhouse.com/notebook/article/micaela-mclucas-photographic-wanderlust-and-keepin/
- 2018 Young Creative Council, Badass Gal, London, UK https://www.badass.gal/blog/micaelamclucas
- 2017 Exit Magazine x Adidas
- 2017 HUNGER Magazine "Curated by girls"
- 2017 Curated by Girls, Berlin, Germany
- 2015 The Daily Mail, London UK
- 2015 Beautiful Savage, New York
- 2015 Autre Magazine, Los Angeles, California
- 2015 The Editorial Magazine, Montreal, Canada
- 2014 VNDL Magazine, New York
- 2014 “Wild Nights: Micaela McLucas” The Wild Magazine, New York http://thewildmagazine.com/blog/wild-nights-micael...
- 2014 No Culture Icons Leeds, United Kingdom
- 2014 “Inside/Out Tomorrow” Art-Nerd, New York
- 2014 Preview, “Inside/Out” Arrested in Motion, New York http://arrestedmotion.com/2014/08/previews-insideo...
- 2014 “Process Opens Tonight” Art-Nerd, New York
- 2014 Stay Young Zine
- 2014 Splash & Grab Magazine Melbourne, Australia http://splashandgrab.co.uk/post/86004510155/micael...
- 2014 “Previews, Inside/Out” Compound Project, New York
- 2014 “Process” Art Update, New York
- 2011 Whudat, Germany
- 2011 DSGNR, Chile
- 2010 “Photographic duo reaches for digital absurdity” Baruch City University of New York